Choosing a major can be stressful. You may be worried about “getting it wrong”. Let us be the first to say that you are not alone in feeling this way. Choosing your major is a tough decision, however, it is completely alright if you don’t yet know what you want to do. Again, you are not alone in this. Did you know that 20% of first year students begin their college career as undecided? It is also common for students to change their major at least once if not more.
Even if you’re still feeling unsure of your major, you still have many options and opportunities available to you that can continue to propel you forward on your career path. Wherever you are in your career journey, your future starts here.
Explore the resources below to learn about the wide variety of majors offered at ASU. Through these helpful tips and assessments, you will discover what options are available after high school and beyond!
- Exploring College Majors: Use this tool to explore majors/academic areas of interest and majors related to your interests in a self-paced module!
- Career Key: Match Your Personality to Majors: Using the Holland Theory of career choice, this assessment helps match you with a major that suits your personality. Do what you love and love what you do!
- Want to learn the research behind it? Check out this EBook: The Career Key: Choosing a Major
- Interested in insightful tips and tricks to choosing your major? Check out this resource: 3 Ways to Choose a Major
- When researching possible majors, it’s time to get thoughtful. Check out this resource to help you figure out what’s important to you: Exploring What to Study